Receive Our Newsletters
Learn more about our special offers and new treatment options.
You may unsubscribe at any time.
Non-Surgical Fat Removal
Skin Care Peels
Presbyterian Professional Building III
8230 Walnut Hill Lane, Suite 500
Dallas, TX 75231 (214) 739-5821
Blue Light Photodynamic Therapy
Actinic Keratoses TreatmentLevulan® Photodynamic Therapy (PDT) is an effective treatment for minimally to moderately thick actinic keratoses (AKs) of the face or scalp. Levulan® PDT is a unique treatment because it consists of a special topical solution that is applied to AK lesions followed by exposure of the treated lesions to a patented BLU-U® blue light. The benefits of this treatment are:
- 75%-100% clearance of AKs in the majority of patients
- Good to excellent cosmetic response (Data on file, DUSA Pharmaceuticals, Inc.®)
- Generally well tolerated by patients
- Treatment is covered by Medicare and many insurance companies
Treatment works by using a frequency of light that matches the topical solution that the skin absorbs, allowing the light to specifically target AKs. Photodynamic Therapy is perfect for patients with AKs in sensitive areas such as the face and scalp, and is performed by the physicians at Dermatology Center of Dallas in two quick in-office visits. There is no surgery or daily medication required, and recovery begins immediately after the treament ends.
How does Photodynamic Therapy Work?Levulan PDT is a 2-part treatment
- Application of Levulan Kerastick Topical Solution, 20% to target lesions
- BLU-U blue light photodynamic illumination of treated lesions